Monday 22 April 2019

Strange week

So herein begins a somewhat strange 'working week" I use those air quotes there because in Australia today was a public holiday and Thursday is a public holiday and most people (including us) are taking Friday as a leave day, which boils the week down to two days. Tomorrow and Wednesday. Productive is shan't be I suspect. Still a great opportunity for some quality training if you were getting ready for a race, say a half Ironman in just under two weeks for instance.

Helping people get ready for said race is exactly where my week is beginning tomorrow. More or less the last proper Front Runner Threshold Bike session for the season. We will be riding in race week, but it will be a shorter session, so tomorrow is the last 'real' one. After Busso the local racing season draws to a close, so in many ways, tomorrow is the end of the season for me (other than going down to watch the race of course). It has been a pretty long season, so will be happy for a few quieter weeks after the race.

I also can't say I will be that sorry to be jumping off the bike for a little soon because the cold trend we have been having for the last few days seems to be continuing tomorrow with the forecast heading to about 11 degrees or so. Not freezing, but cold enough that I suspect my planned cycling attire for the morning won't be sufficient. Might have to grab another item of clothing or two on the way out the door in the morning. Sure we will be back riding before the weather gets warmer so it is not as if I will be avoiding Winter, but it will be nice to have a few weeks break to come to terms with the rapidly declining temperatures before thrusting myself into them.

Other than coaching I will also be trying to use this truncated week to cram some training of my own in. I am away on a camping trip with the family next weekend and so the opportunities for training will become restricted in the second part of the week, for that reason I am keen to try and fit as much training into the front half of the week as I can. The body is feeling a bit fatigued at the moment, but there will be plenty of chances for recovery after Thursday, so will work on pushing through at the moment.

Now I better go and get some sleep, big day of work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment