Monday 23 July 2018

Remembering How

Well, today has been just about as busy as I expected in yesterday's post, hence while it is 10:00pm and I am sitting here drinking a cup of team and writing this post. Absolutely jammed packed busy at work so trying to catch up now. Oh well, nothing to be done about it right now other than get to bed soon.

Another busy day tomorrow, but also potentially a little bit of an exciting one. Tomorrow I am going to go and ride my TT bike. Well hopefully I am anyway.

It would have been months, probably close to 6 months, since I last rode my Ridley TT bike. It hasn't been because I haven't wanted too, it is just that I haven't been riding much and the riding I have been doing has been on my road bike. The road bike preference has mainly been because  I feel it is easier to coach from the stability and comfort of a road bike, rather than a TT bike. I do so like the TT bike though.

At coaching last week I got a bit of a hankering to be on my TT bike again. While it isn't ideal for coaching it should still work fine, and besides it is such a nice bike. That planted the seed. Then while I was preparing to get my bike ready for tonight my hand was forced somewhat when I realised that I had a flat tyre on my road bike and no spare tubes of the correct size. Oh well, twist my rubber arm. TT bike it is.

All I need now is for the weather to play along and it should be a nice session out on a very nice bike. I will be taking my care for the first little bit of the ride because I haven't ridden on aero bars for such a long time and I would hate to stack it on my first outing. I have to say that in the past though I have usually found the aero position comes back to me pretty quickly. Over the years I have spent so long on the aero bars that the body usually remembers and finds its comfort zone without too much hassle. Looking forward to doing to again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment