Sunday 22 July 2018

Made it

Phew, made it to the end of another week. Some people are advocates of the theory that Sunday is really the beginning of the week, but two many training programs that go from Monday to Sunday have made it impossible for me to subscribe to that theory. For me Sunday will always be the end of the week.

It has been a full on week, in a pretty good way, with loads of coaching and a decent amount of exercise for myself all wedged in around my day job and wrapped in a nice layer of rubbish weather. The busy week has been nicely finished off with satisfying weekend, which is always a good way to finish.

Finishing up this week it looks like I have a bit of a quieter one next week before things go a bit crazy again the week after. The day job is going to be a bit busy this week, but on the coaching front things are a bit quieter, which will be a nice break.

The main reason for the decrease in coaching is the fact that Head Coach Paul Newsome is back on pool deck for Swim Smooth. As I have said before it is always fun filling in for Paul when he is away, but the additional two sessions a week really do make the week full. It could be a lot worse I could be trying to cover a lot more of his sessions (he has 11 a week), but even those two extra sessions can be the difference between a busy week and a hectic one. So it is nice that he is back.

With Paul back my coaching load switches back to just a bike session on Tuesday morning and a track session on Thursday night, which is a lot more manageable. In the coming weeks coaching is going to get a bit busier again as I will be helping Front Runner start a swim squad, so I think I will be trying to make the most of the marginally calmer week this week.

Before that though, a bunch of sleep tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment