Friday 25 September 2015

Progress

Well I did it. I managed to get out running this afternoon. I think it would be fair to say that it wasn't pain free in the foot department, but it wasn't that bad and it doesn't seem to have got worse, so I call that a win.

The run was a good one. A bit of mixed pace work. Absolute howling gale unfortunately which meant my steady work into the wind was probably done at a higher intensity that the quicker tempo stuff I did with the wind, but that isn't the end of the world. Good all around really. Great to be running.

This morning it was swimming, and I have to say the swimming has been quietly improving to the point that this morning was a really encouraging session. After Bintan I made a bit of a promise to myself that I would do more work on the front of the lane during training and with a bit of help from Paul I have managed to stick with that. This combined with some gradual technique improvements means that I think I might be swimming better than I have for quite some time.

A few different 1%ers coming together at the moment. The new diet is working well, swimming has come back on track, the bike is slowly getting back to normal and I am hopeful of seeing some improvements in running soon. Things are aligning nicely for the new season.

Riding in the morning. Will be good to get back out on the Falco V which has had some tweaks and is humming along nicely now.

No comments:

Post a Comment