Tuesday 2 June 2015

Nearly ready

Quite a late post today, and a rushed one if I am being honest. Why my sudden lack of time? Because I am packing of course.

Things are a getting a bit more real around here now, with trip prep in full swing. Packing is about 90% complete I think, with most of the major items stowed away. Enough that we should be able to cross a few tees tomorrow and we will be done.

I got a reminder of just how much racing I have done so far this year when I went to get some money as part of getting ready for my trip. I go to a money exchange at my local Post Office and the girl behind the counter recognised me and asked me where I was racing this time. You know you have been overseas to much when...

Into work today. It is funny, usually at this stage in race prep all I want to do it get away and get on with it. However, for various reasons I haven't been in the office for nearly a week before today. It was actually nice to get in there and have a day or so of normal routine before things get very unroutine again. Nice to have that bit of a break.

As well as packing there has been a couple of good sessions of training today. This morning I headed down to the pool for the Tuesday morning Swim Smooth set. A really good technique session in the end, a bit of hypoxic, some stroke rate work etc. I will be swimming again tomorrow morning too. I wouldn't usually swim so much in a taper week, but I strongly suspect that I won't get the chance once we are in Japan, so I thought I would make the most of it before we go.

This evening I was on the bike. The intention had been to get out on the road, but we have had a drizzly day here and so I jumped on the trainer instead. Sort of just what I needed really. Getting myself out on the bike was always going to be a bit of a mental effort at the end of the day, but getting on the trainer didn't seem so bad. Was a nice little spin session to get the legs moving before flying tomorrow.

With that bit of training done, most things are sorted out now. As I mentioned, a bit of training tomorrow and a bit more packing and we will be away.

At this point I usually say I will be on and blogging tomorrow, but it doesn't always work out that way. If I don't manage to get online tomorrow, then I should be online by Thursday. So if I am not around tomorrow I won't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment