Monday 1 June 2015

Another step

Another day and another bit of training done. So wins there.

The session was a bit of an abridged brick session. In my usual race prep I would have done a longer brick session yesterday, but to be perfectly honest my body wasn't going to have much of that. Still I was happy to get done what I did. At this point in my taper I wouldn't want to be doing anything more intense anyway.

The body seemed to hold up fine during the session. Certainly the bike leg felt quite good. Well perhaps not exactly good, but acceptable. The body isn't quite back to feeling 100% yet, although on a performance front it must be close. Encouragingly the heart rates etc were where they should have been.  The bike was all dressed up in race mode and everything functioned the way it should. So that is a critical check successfully done.

The run off the bike didn't feel terrible either. It wasn't my finest run of the bike, but I wasn't expecting it to be, so I can live with it.

On to more important news, my shave down was completed today with the final step, a hair cut. Whilst technically not a shave down, it was the last step in getting myself ready for race day.

With today's session done I am now officially in taper mode. This time around taper mode means getting as much rest as possible in order to get my body back into race mode. As I said above, it isn't far off, and I think I am over the crest of this cold, just need to keep up the rest etc to get it that last 5%.

Next step, packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment