Sunday 31 May 2015

Splish splash

Another good step in the right direction today. For the first time in a few days I woke up this morning feeling like doing exercise. What I really felt like doing was heading out on the bike, but I knew what I should do was head down the pool. A wise man I know once told me to wait until you feel back to normal and then wait one day, so I didn't want to over do things today. Down to the pool it was.

Given that I was doing a swim session by myself, it was a great opportunity to break out the Swim Smooth App again. I knew roughly what sort of session I was after (something with a bit of go, but not too much), so I went through the sessions available on the app until I found what I was after. This is my favourite way to use the app, it really takes the brain work out of it and stops the 'should I do this, or do that' sort of faffing that I sometimes end up doing down the pool. Means you get the most out of your workout.

Lucky I cut out the faffing really, because by the time I was at the pool I didn't have much time to spare. In the end the session was timed down to the second. I had just finished the session and was out of the pool and drying myself down when the announcement came that the pool was shutting. I think I was the last person out. Timed down to perfection if I may say so myself.

The session went well enough. Actually it felt pretty good. There were a couple of bits where I was wondering if I was feeling a little bit husky, but I didn't see a corresponding slow down, which is what happened on Wednesday last week (as I was getting sick). If anything the consistency across the session was the best bit of it.

It was certainly good to get out and get training again. On top of that, doing this session reminded me of why it can be so good getting out and doing a session without the squad sometimes. Plugging in the app and hitting the water without a other people really shows you just what you can do. Nice confidence builder heading into race week.

Tomorrow - hopefully more training.

No comments:

Post a Comment