Thursday 28 May 2015

Quiet Day

A bit of a quieter day today. A bit of a recuperation day. Great night's sleep and a very solid sleep in (7:15am if you don't mind). Still not feeling 100%, but I am not exactly dead either. Sometimes your body tells you fairly clearly that it needs a bit of a rest and yesterday and today that has been what mine has been telling me. Feeling like another good night's sleep and I will take a big step in the right direction. I will see what that means for tomorrow. I have realised that when you don't feel 100% making plans for training the next day is a bit of a fruitless exercise, so I won't be doing that. But I won't be writing the day off from here either.

The other thing I won't be doing is frantically planning on make up sessions. I have written before about needing to be able to accept that sessions are gone and letting them go. I don't do that lightly, but when it happens you need to be able to move on. You can drive yourself crazy if you don't. Or drive yourself into an even worse illness by not giving your body the time it needs.

Another thing I won't be doing is keeping myself awake with worry about what this means for Japan 70.3 next week. The reason I won't be doing that is because really this doesn't mean anything. My lead up has still been going well and this little speed bump hasn't changed that. My body has just politely requested a bit of rest and then it will be back to business as usual.

I think I will go and look into that rest though.

In other news. 4 Day weekend coming up. Hard to feel bad with that on the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment