Friday 29 May 2015

Back on track

Things took a nice turn for the better today. I made plans to not head down the pool this morning, opting instead to spend as much time as possible sleeping. I figured that if I woke up feeling okay then I would have plenty of time to train later today.

That is exactly how it turned out in the end. By mid morning I was feeling not bad and so headed out for a run. I had no great expectations for the run, I was just keen to get out and get some miles in the legs. I was also conscious of not heading out and flattening myself, putting myself back in a hole. With that in mind I kept a very tight lid on my heart rate during the run, making sure I was keeping the intensity low.

Doing so meant I was able to get through the run in okay form. Nothing particularly special, but good to get out. Analysing the run after the fact showed that whilst I was working to a set heart rate, it was higher than I would expect for the work that I was doing, indicating to me that whilst I am feeling better I am not yet 100%. Based on that I have had the rest of the day off. Hopefully another good night's sleep tonight and I will be able to get in a full weekend of training.

Whilst the training may have been down a notch today, the big news is that I seem to have stopped this cold getting any worse. Once again demonstrating to me the value of sleep and rest when the body needs it. Seriously underestimated by a lot of people I think.

Not much else went on today, really just pottering about. Quite a nice physical and mental recovery day. Just what the doctored ordered.

Back into tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment