Wednesday 30 October 2019

Too Low

No training this morning. I got up but headed back to bed. Sleep, sleep, sleep.

My slackness wasn't based entirely on laziness (not entirely), but also on my HRV reading for the morning. I have been feeling a bit scratchy since the weekend, with a bit of a cold threatening and my HRV scores have been correspondingly low. I ignored it on Monday and went paddling and ignored it yesterday and went riding, but this morning I thought it would be silly to ignore my third straight day of low HRV scores so decided to give it a rest. I am hoping a good night sleep tonight will see the way I am feeling (and the HRV scores) bounce back somewhat and I can get back into routine.

Speaking of routine, I am keen to return to some with respect to training, but if I am honest I am struggling with it a little. I am keen to train because I have a rather heavy period of racing coming up throughout November, with some key races and I would like to be prepared for them. However, I am struggling, because it is proving tricky to get back to things after Nationals. Leading into Nationals was such a period of sustained intense training that it is hard to regain the motivation necessary to really push hard. Also, in the back of my head I know I have a lot of residual fitness, which can make it hard to drag yourself out of bed when you are tired and the motivation bank is empty. I know I will get back there, but it is taking a few more days than I planned and the addition of a touch of illness certainly isn't helping.

In the end, this is block of racing in November is the last one for the year, so if I can get myself going and build the fitness back up, then I can have a bit of a rest after that, which I am rather looking forward to.

Now, I better go and get on with that sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment