Wednesday 18 September 2019

Stress relief

I think this week's training has been about as good as last week's training was bad.

So far we are three days in I have had a number of satisfying and good quality sessions. I have to say I am pretty happy with how it has been going, so far so good.

The highlight of training for the week last night was a tidy 10km run last night. There is something to be said about exercising when frustrated or tense. Exercise is definitely a stress relief for me and this run was a prime example of that. Being fueled by a bit of frustration meant the run was actually pretty quick, for me at least. Probably the fastest 10km I have done in a number of years.

On top of the good time, the bonus of the session was that it helped me to work out a lot of that annoyance. By the time I got home I was much happier about the world having burnt off the stress and cleared my head. This meant I was able to get home in a much happier and balanced place and get on with my evening. There is certainly something to be said about exercise as a stress reliever and a general mood moderator. Probably why regular exercise is such a common recommendation when it comes to maintaining good mental health.

I certainly don't know where I would be without it.




No comments:

Post a Comment