Friday 20 September 2019

Flat Out

There has been some tough slogs this week, but here we are, we have made it to the end, in one piece and relatively happy with how it has gone.

The hard week has mainly been due to work, some long days and one very long to do list (which I am still not at the end of). Today I wasn't in the office though and so I managed to catch up on most of that to do list and also got some good training sessions in too. That is the thing to remember when you are up against it and everything seems uphill, if you persevere it will come good eventually, which it started to do today.

When life gets tough, it can be very tempting to sit the training bit out, after all, it is time that could be spent doing other stuff. However, as I wrote on Wednesday, I find that exercise gives a much needed stress relief. I find that while I have less time due to the exercise I do, I am probably less stressed as a result. That stress relief is pretty important for me. I suspect I would burst without it.

While the hard week is at an end, things are hardly slowing down for the weekend, they don't seem to around here. Tomorrow there will be a bit of face to face coaching, some athlete catch ups, some non coaching work, some training and even a rather casual race. It is going to be a rather full day, from start to finish. I have to say that I am looking forward to a bit of a rest, perhaps that is what Sunday can be for.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment