Saturday 8 December 2018

Survived

Whoops I just realised that this post from last night didn't publish correctly. I blame a dodgy internet connection. Anyway, her you go, better late than never. Think of it as a 2 for 1 deal. 

Not much of a post tonight sorry. I didn't sleep particularly well last night and this has been an exceptionally long week and so I am quite happy to simply have made it this point in one piece. Sitting here in bed breathing a sigh of relief and typing this is a bit of a victory.

The other reason for my sigh of relief is that I had a race tonight (paddling race) which is the last race for quite some time (until January)
I am under the board

This longer break until the next race means that, like many of my athletes, I am going to be taking it easy on the exercise side of things for a couple of weeks. The last few months of training have been pretty intense and so I am definitely ready to take things back a notch, not working as hard and not having to dig up motivation quite as often. I am keen to keep training and working, but not quite yet, a bit of a break first, refresh the mind and the mental energy stores and then I will be ready to get on with some training again.

Sleep first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment