Saturday 10 November 2018

Tailored

Wow am I tired right now. That, can't quite think straight, brain is foggy' type tired. Time for sleep very soon, whether I want it or not.

As has been the case all week, part of the reason for the tiredness is training, and another big part is a general lack of sleep. I caught up on some of that sleep last night, but I am definitely going to need to catch up on a bit more tonight if I am to function as a human tomorrow.

Unfortunately human operation is going to be necessary tomorrow as the day  will be mostly spent coaching. Tomorrow is my day for sorting out training programs and I have a whole bunch to get done, so it is going to require most of the day. Basically the plan for tomorrow looks like:

A bit of training
A bit of work on the house
Loads of writing programs

The program writing bit will be priority A.

For many of my athletes this will be the last block of training as as they start to wind down into Busso. This block of programs will include their final weeks of training and their tapers into Busso, so they are relatively important.

I generally don't write out the full taper at this stage, as the level of fatigue etc can very significantly between now and race week based on the quality of training in the next couple of weeks. But I can usually flesh out a rough taper plan to give each athlete an idea of what is coming. I will then go back into that taper periodically and tweak it as necessary based on the progress of the athlete's fatigue levels.

These programs for the final few weeks can be pretty time consuming to write, as every athlete is going to be coming from a different fitness and fatigue point and so each program needs to be individually tailored to that athlete. It can take a while to write half a dozen separate programs, but it means that each athletes should end up with a build into race day that is suited just to them.

But all that is for tomorrow. Right now I have re-read this post about half a dozen times and I keep nodding off, so I think I will take that as a solid sign that it is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment