Thursday 21 June 2018

Returning to Normal

The recovery continues.

I managed to feel something close to human today, not just up and moving around like a real boy, but actually at work, coaching, the whole nine yards.

Today has been a measurable step forward in terms of health. Still far from 100%, but happy to take it at this stage. Feeling a bit better did mean that tasks such as the coaching session this afternoon went a bit more smoothly.

In fact over the next couple of days there will be a requirement to be able to act more and more like normal with an increasing amount of coaching coming up. Tomorrow I have a couple of appointments with prospective athletes and the same again on Saturday and those conversations are going to be one hell of a lot easier if coherent thought and speech are possible.

To be fair, as I mentioned above the brain is actually working a bit better now, such that the track session with the Stadium Triathlon club went fine this evening. There were a few moments where I was stuck staring blankly into the sky as words failed me, but they were few and far between. Besides that isn't anything those guys are too unused to from me. In general though everyone seemed to enjoy a challenging threshold session. Job done.

While things are improving on the health side, the most frustrating thing about this past week has definitely been the lack of exercise. I am still not at the point where I feel like exercise is particularly possible. I demonstrated some warm up activities at the track today and almost needed a bit of a lie down, which reminded myself just how out of condition I am. I was all keen to get back to training at the beginning of the week and so to have to sit out an entire week has been doing my head in. It has been made easier by the way I am feeling, but still I wish I was able to hurry up and get out there. I am hopeful that I will feel able to exert myself a little in the next few days, but I suspect it will not be particularly pleasant when I do.

Oh well nothing that can be done at this stage other than to be patient and let nature take its course. I will get back out there sooner or later. I would just prefer if it was a little sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment