Monday 5 February 2018

Delayed

Short post tonight, it has been a busy day, although it has been spent largely doing nothing.

I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Darwin, just thinking about getting ready for bed.

Why am I here in Darwin? Usual reason, I am up here for work and today has been mostly spent in the act of getting from here to Darwin, a bit more time that it usually should if I am honest. The reason for the extra travel time was the simple matter of extreme Darwin rain. The flight to Darwin and the landing was all fine, but the problem came when it was time for the simple matter of collecting baggage. Unfortunately once we were off the plane there was too much lightning close to airport which meant they couldn't unload the baggage. This resulted in a slight two hour delay to us managing to leave the airport. Whoops.

Once we finally managed to collect our baggage and get out of the airport it was unfortunately a bit too late to do anything other than check in, get some dinner and relax a bit. Not a terrible thing, but perhaps not the productive afternoon I was after.

Now that I am here it is looking like a busy week of work. I am hoping that I might get the chance to do a bit of exercise, but between the busy work and the rather inclement weather that Darwin is currently experiencing I am not entirely sure when the exercise will fit in. I will wait and see, but there could be a few very sweaty runs in my immediate future and perhaps hopefully a swim. Fingers crossed.

Now, time for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment