Thursday 11 January 2018

Taking moments

Day off work tomorrow and oh boy am I ready for it. I feel like things have been flat out recently and I am really keen to have 5 minutes for myself. Not that I am necessarily going to get that this weekend.

The weekend is looking like it is going to be a busy one on the coaching front. Not so much with coaching sessions, but more with the behind the scenes stuff, meeting athletes, writing programs that sort of thing. In fact, as luck would have it the stars have aligned and I am meeting with nearly all my athletes at one time or another this weekend, it is going to make for a very busy Saturday. Not to mention writing half a dozen programs. On top of that there is also the next round of the WA Sprint Series this weekend where I will be lending a bit of moral support to the Front Runner athletes. All up it is going to be flat out I suspect and if I am honest not a weekend I am particularly looking forward to.

I am really enjoying coaching, but weekends like this one really do take their toll. Combined with some very busy weeks at work there is a risk of feeling a little overwhelmed at times. Sometimes you just need take a moment to take a deep breath and sit down for 5 minutes to keep everything in perspective, which is exactly why I am looking forward to having tomorrow off so much. Hopefully I have a few moments in which to smell the roses.

Speaking of which, I think I might take one of those moments now.

No comments:

Post a Comment