Saturday 30 December 2017

Quiet Time

Something of a quiet weekend at the moment, a bit of calm before the storm of the New Year. This time of year is always a pretty busy one on the family engagement side of things, so it has been nice to get a break from coaching to spend the time at home.

However, even with the extra time this time of year has a habit of filling up with friends and family. I know a number of my athletes have written to me apologizing for missed sessions over the past week. While I am a big advocate of getting results through consistent training, having a go at somebody for missing training during the Christmas period seems a bit harsh. This time of year is all about taking some time to enjoy yourself (within reason) which is just what I expect my athletes to be doing. And just what I have been doing too. Which is exactly why this weekend has been a quiet one.

Keeping this weekend empty has been a deliberate act to give ourselves a bit of down time between the craziness of Christmas and coaching ramping back up again in the new year.

And ramp back up the coaching will certainly be doing next week.

The actual writing of programs of montoring of athletes has never really stopped over the last couple of weeks, but from next week we will be back into actual squad sessions. This will start for me on Wednesday when I will be down at the pool with Swim Smooth. I will be back down at Claremont again on Friday and then I will be running a Transition Practiced session on Saturday helping a number of athletes prepare for the next round of the state triathlon series, which will be a Sprint Distance triathlon on the 14th of January. All up it is looking like a busy week, but it will be great to be back in the swing of things.

Between now and then though I plan to enjoy a bit of down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment