Friday 20 November 2015

Back on an even keel

Well I beat the Thursdayitits. It nearly got the better of me, but I got there in the end.

If you are wondering what on earth I am talking about have a read of yesterday's blog.

I got my run session done this morning, after swimming and Pilate's. I will be the first to admit that it wasn't an ideal arrangement, but it got the work done and the session went well.

The above arrangement meant running from around 11:00ish so it was on the slightly warm side. However, I always feel that doing a few runs around that time of day is never a bad idea, it is typically about the time you run during a half ironman anyway. As long as you make sure you take the appropriate measures, sunscreen, plan more water stops, don't run when it is 40 degrees etc, I have found that daytime runs can work quite well. They can certainly be a bit of a familiarisation session for your body, which I feel is beneficial. So there were some upsides to leaving the run until today, besides the obvious motivational ones.

The run went quite well too. Fairly straight forward run with a medium sort of 'steady' intensity, but with some long hills thrown in just to keep things interesting. All up a good session and a very nice feeling to be back on track in terms of the weekly training schedule.

The other session of the day was my swim this morning. This session wasn't so great. I just couldn't settle in and feel comfortable. I felt fine for most of the session, but the crowning glory of the set was 2 x 500m efforts at a solid intensity and I felt a good bit of average during these bits. To the point of having to sit out 100m in the first effort. Hard to put a finger on what I was feeling, just felt like I couldn't get my breathe. I am not reading to much into it though. The reality is that the session has come at the end of a solid week which itself is at the end of a solid block. I suspect fatigue is playing a part. I have been feeling fine since including during my run. So I am putting it down as 'just one of those things'. I will keep an eye on it during swimming tomorrow, but I won't be losing sleep over it. tt

On the bike tomorrow, with a bit of race practice. So if you don't mind I have to go and fit my race wheels to my Falco and make it look totally badass.



No comments:

Post a Comment