Monday 21 September 2015

Not so rough

Back on the bike this morning. Really the session was supposed to be this afternoon, and trust me the sleep in would have been nice, but a Doctor's appointment this afternoon means that the training had to get done earlier.

Typically during the week I ride on my road bike, but yesterday I decided that I would stick with the Falco V for the whole week. Partly because riding it is fun, partly because I want to give myself time to get used to it and partly to keep gathering some useful data about how it goes. All this means that this morning I was back out on the batmobile of the bike world. I said above that I want to give myself time to get used to the bike, but really I already find it very comfortable. The fit really does feel spot on. The getting used to I am referring to is more about using different brakes, different steering geometry etc. Settling into all the little things that mean you can get around corners quickly. Those things are coming along nicely too.

Speaking of getting comfortable, I think this morning was the first time I was ever really conscious of the beam. It wasn't a big thing, but I hit a drain cover on the road which I would usually go around and noticed that the hit wasn't as big as I was expecting. Later when I didn't quite dodge a broken bit of bitumen I noticed the same thing. I can't say for sure, but I think that is probably the level of compliance the beam offers. Just taking the edge of the big hits, taking the buzz out of the rough roads. I have no plans about deliberately running over bad roads, but I think from now on I will keep an eye out for that sort of absorption, see what I notice.

Above I mentioned a Doctor's appointment this afternoon. This is follow up to get the results of the CT scan I had of my chest and hopefully it will be the last bit of consultation I have to do about it. Indications are that the results should be fine, but this will be confirmation of that. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Speaking of which, I should probably get going.


No comments:

Post a Comment