Sunday 24 May 2015

Giro d Dinner

Just a quick one. I lost track of time a bit today and I have to get ready to head out to dinner soon. The dinner is a bit of a Giro d Italia themed get together with the folks from Break Your Limits. They usually do an annual dinner for the Tour de France, but this year they thought they would get in on some Giro action too. Should be a great night out and one that my wife and I are really looking forward to and, no offence, but a dinner without the kids gets priority over blogging.

A bit of training this morning with a brick session. 70 minutes on the bike and then 14km off it. Both legs went quite well. The bike particularly felt nice and easy. I got to try out the new Bont shoes and so far so good. I rebaked the left one today just because it didn't quite feel right during the ride. I will try it out again in the morning and see  how it is.

The run started off inexplicably slow (still not sure why that first kilometre was off pace, at the time I suspected GPS error), but I found my rhythm quickly enough. I had a bit of foot pain from my heel, but managed to make it through the entire run. The program had a bit of a kick in the last 4km and during the run I was pretty sure I had gone out too hard and that I wouldn't be able to find the pace, but to my surprise I was able to lift for the finish. All up a solid tick the box sort of run.

The other thing that happened today was that Channel 7 had an hour long highlights package from the Busselton 70.3. I have to admit that I didn't exactly feature much, but I didn't really expect to so that was fine. Just seeing my name on the start list was enough to make me pretty proud. When I started this crazy triathlon journey I never expected to see something like that. It wasn't much, but it was a little bit of a special moment for me.

Now if you don't mind there is some Italian food with my name on it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment