Tuesday 3 February 2015

The worst alarm clock

It turns out that few things bring instant clarity of mind quite like a child vomiting in your bed.

That was the lesson I learnt this morning.

Also guess how I got woken up today.

So...as you may guess, we didn't have the smoothest of mornings in our household. Our poor little girl is a bit ill, starting with the aforementioned nausea at about 3:50 this morning. It threw the morning off kilter for a little bit, but once she was cleaned up and settled down again I was back on target to head out for a spin on the bike this morning. Then there was a bit more vomiting.

I did manage to get out in the end, just a fair bit later than planned.

Once I was on the bike my legs reminded me fairly quickly that I did a race two days ago. But once I was warmed up I found that I actually felt okay. To the point that when I got picked up by a group I played with them for a while. Not a bad little spin about.

The only hiccough to the morning came in the last 10 minutes or so of the ride when I got rained on. Rained on!!! It is Summer. The cheek of it. Actually the weather for the last few days has been pretty weird with a number of Summer storms coming through town. Summer storms themselves obviously aren't a new concept, but they are pretty unusual in Perth. In Perth the only thing that tends to come out of the sky in Summer is baking sunlight and occasionally magpies. So having rain for the last couple of days has been strange.

The shower was brief enough though to be a novelty without crossing the border into annoying. So that was fine.

A little touch of running this afternoon, nothing to strenuous, will wait and see how the legs feel about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment