Wednesday 4 February 2015

Getting back into it

Phew, where has today gone. I can't believe it is 8:00 o'clock already.

Just a quick update then, since I would like to have some dinner and get some stretching done.

A good couple of sessions under the belt in the last 24 hours. Post race, this week is a bit of a lighter week, so I have happily not been asking as much of myself over the last couple of days. Those lower expectations have meant a more relaxed attitude towards training, and so whilst the sessions haven't been out of this world, I have been satisfied with them.

Running last night, which if I am honest, went better than expecting. As I said, I wasn't really looking for much, and the session wasn't demanding it, so I was pleased to find that running felt better than I thought it would. I got rained on again though, which I was less than thrilled about. Crazy Summer.

This morning I dragged myself down to the pool for the Wednesday morning Swim Session. I say dragged because I was a bit light on sleep last night and so woke up a bit tired. This is one of those sessions that I occasionally give myself a pass on in the week immediately after a race. But at the moment I am very aware that I have the Subic Bay 70.3 in a few weeks, so whilst this is sort of a recovery week, it isn't free license to just sit on the couch and eat cake. With those thoughts in my mind it was down to the pool this morning.

The session wasn't too bad. Once I got going my arms reminded me that they have a bit of fatigue, but nothing catastrophic. I didn't have much kick, but at the same time I still managed a decent 1000m effort in the middle of the set and made it to the end of the session.

This afternoon was supposed to be a session on the trainer but I made the call earlier today to move that session until tomorrow afternoon. This afternoon was always going to be a bit hectic, whereas I should have a bit more time tomorrow, so thing won't be quite so busy. Plus I could really do with a good stretch before my run session in the morning and I don't usually have time to be on the trainer and stretch in the same evening. Hopefully I can get a decent night sleep tonight too, which will make training tomorrow a bit easier.

Speaking of sleep. Time to get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment