I made the mistake of venturing near a shopping centre today. Wow. I didn't realise Mother's day would induce quite that much madness in otherwise reasonably sane people. Once I managed to pass the entrance ritual of finding a car park and trekking all the way to the shopping centre, I couldn't get out quick enough. Luckily I managed to escape with all my limbs.
As harrowing as that experience was, I am not sure it counts as training, which is a pity because that is as far as my training got today. I had every intention of heading out and doing some training, I even got up early and got ready. Once I was ready I went out to see what the weather was up to. The roads where wet, which instantly dampened my desire to go riding. I then went in and checked the radar and saw that whilst the showers were isolated, there was a particularly vicious one heading straight for our house. 'Stuff that I thought, not riding, I might go for a run, but I will wait until after that shower has passed. Strange I would have thought it should have hit us by now...'.
Once the rain had stopped I was back in bed being jumped on by children, and the chances of me going training were rapidly decreasing.
It is a testament to how powerful guilt is as a motivator inside your average athlete though that I have been feeling bad not training all day. All I did was not do a session that wasn't on a program, during a designated recovery week, and I still manage to feel bad about it. Sometimes you just can't give yourself a break.
No plans for training tomorrow though, given it is Mother's Day and the mother in this house has certainly earned a day.
As I mentioned yesterday, training starts properly again on Monday and that is probably soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment