Sunday 22 December 2013

New Bike

Exciting news, a new race bike. 'But you ride a Cervelo P5' I hear you say, 'Where do you go from there'. Well I agree, it is pretty difficult to improve on a P5, but I think with the help of Churchill Cycles I might have just managed it.


Yeah okay, you guess it, not really a new race bike.

This is actually a Christmas present for my mother in law. I don't think she reads this so I am probably okay saying that. If she is reading this well then ummm... Surpirse!!!

I was serious about saying thanks to Churchill Cycles though. We went in with a pretty specific set of criteria for the bike, few gears, coaster brake etc and they really came to the party, ordering this Giant in for us. Ordered Monday, ready by Wednesday. That is pretty good going. Nice little bike too. Looks pretty simple, but being a Giant, you know it is put together well, so it should last a while. It is quite cute, so hopefully she likes it.

As per my coach's instructions, I am having an easy day today. I had a very nice swim this morning in the river, but that is it for me today. Other than that we are actually spending a little bit of time moving the last of our furniture into our house. When we moved to Darwin we put a bunch of our stuff into storage, but by the end of today our storage locker will be empty and we will almost be fully moved in. Only took about 6 months.

Hopefully a return to proper training tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment