Saturday 7 September 2013

Voting Day

Well, just like Christmas, Birthday, Easter etc all rolled up into one, Election Day is here!!!

Hooray?

At least at the end of all this there will be a result, for better or worse, and an end to the campaigning and the campaign ads. I am fairly passionate about Australian politics, but even I am a bit over it by now. I can make a pretty good guess at what the results of this election are going to be, I think we probably all can by this stage (change of leader anyone), but you never know, so I guess we will have to wait and see to know for sure.

Anyway enough silly stuff like politics and back to important issues like training. I am feeling rubbish. Totally congested. The kids have been a bit sniffly for the last week or so, and I thought it was a total miracle that I didn't get sick before Bintan. It got me after though. Just head coldy and tired. At least I am on a recovery week at the moment, so I have a good reason to rest. I was very keen to get down to the pool this afternoon, but I really don't feel up for it. Better off just knocking this cold on the head I think.

I think a big reason that I managed to hold off getting sick before Bintan and got sick after was that I got a bit lazy with personal hygiene. Before Bintan I was being religious about washing my hands before eating that sort of thing. Afterwards I let it slide a little bit and bang I got sick. Coincidence, maybe, but perhaps not. I have come to realise that good hygiene like that is one of the biggest things you can do to stay well and it has therefore become an important part of my training regime. Funny the little things that become important. But if I am well I can train, if I am sick I can't. Simple as that.

The other reason that I am happy to rest is that I got next week's training program from Daryl yesterday. It closed with the following message:

Take it easy this weekend, it could be the last rest you get for a while.

Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment