Thursday 28 June 2018

One step at a time

A bit more exercise today, and a genuine attempt to do a bit of work. Hard to say how well it went.

The exercise today was a bit more time out paddling, however, unlike Tuesday today's paddle included some pre-meditated attempts at intervals.

Fair to say the intervals were not particularly pleasant. The shorter efforts went okay, but the longer ones were a struggle. I am not really sure whether my struggles were due to the remnants of my cold or whether I have simply lost that much fitness over the last few weeks. Could be a combination of both.

I am pretty sure I am still recovering from this cold, but it feels like the recovery is going okay. The efforts this morning revealed just how far I have to go, but the session was a definite improvement on the Tuesday paddle so I will take that as a good sign. I am hoping that exercise continues to feel better as I get over this cold further, but I suspect I won't get back to feeling 100% just by getting over the cold.

Besides getting over the cold I think that for me to get back to feeling 100% I also need to start building some fitness, I hope I haven't lost that much, but I am definitely down on where I was a few weeks ago. I am keen to get on with the process of rebuilding fitness, but unfortunately before I can do that meaningfully I think I need to get over the rest of this cold. It is a frustrating slow process, but something that isn't really possible to rush.

One step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment