Thursday 8 March 2018

Day Done

Coaching all done for the day. A busy day but a good one.

The ride this morning was quite a nice one. We are on our way to my favourite time of year for cycling in Perth. We aren't quite there yet, it is still a bit warm, but autumn is on its way. I love riding in Perth during Autumn, we stop getting strong winds in the morning, the temperature drops but doesn't quite get cold, basically the conditions get something close to perfect. Whilst today's conditions weren't perfect, they were pretty alright for being on the bike.


The session was a good one for the Front Runner squad too I think, well that was the feedback at least. 10 minute tempo efforts over a rolling hill course. A tough morning on the bike, but a productive one.

This afternoon the session on the track with Stadium was another good session. As I wrote about yesterday it was a 12 minute Coopers Threshold test for the squad and once again I think it went down well. The test didn't go perfectly for all (it never does) but most of the group seemed to nail it. as part of the session I spent a bit of time running the group through the benefits of understanding threshold speed and I think they got the jist of it. Hopefully now that the test is complete they will go off an actually figure out their threshold speed and other pace zones so that they can get full benefit of the test and then apply what they have learnt to their training. I will certainly be asking them to apply what they learnt at the threshold session next week.

As well as the track session for Stadium the afternoon also included a bit of a run for me. 9km for me today which was a nice bit of a jog about. The 9km today went easier than the 9km I did last week and so I am choosing to interpret that as progress. Certainly the mileage feels like it is returning, albeit slowly. Slowly is okay for me though as I am in no particular rush.

A nice easy day tomorrow. No SwimSmooth for me tomorrow. Over the past couple of weeks I have been feeling like I could do with a bit of a break from routine and so I am giving myself that break tomorrow.  Not heading down the pool and instead having a bit of a morning to myself. Should hopefully be the start of a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment