Thursday 22 February 2018

Exercise Day

A good bit of exercise today. Actually one of the better bits of exercise I have done for quite some time.

This morning it was bike time with a nice 50km spin with the Front Runner squad. The session was a nice spin around the river with the group. It is the first river loop I have ridden for months and I have to say it was quite lovely. The group was a bit of a mixed bag in terms of pace, but all the same everyone still managed to have a great morning out as well as a really solid session. Great to be out spending the morning on a bike again.

This afternoon was a bit of a long one, it started off with a run and then finished off watching the Stadium Triathlon Club track session. The run was another good step in the right direction, a bit longer and a bit further than I have done for a while which I was very happy to see. The first run over 8km since I started running again a few weeks ago. Not a lot of miles I admit but a step closer to running for 10km again, which will be another step towards running for an hour. Small but manageable goals, one step at a time. As everyone says, you eat an elephant by taking one bite at a time. Goals are achieved one step at a time.

As mentioned, the other part of the afternoon was watching the Stadium Triathlon Club track session. From next Thursday I am going to be coaching the track session for the club and so the last two weeks I have been going down there to see what the session is all about. This afternoon's session was another good chance to see what the squad gets up to and get to know them a bit more. I still have a ways to go in getting to know everyone, but hopefully I am now in a good position to be able to take over the session and continue the high quality training that the squad has been used to. Should be an exciting new chapter starting next week.

All up though it was great to get through a couple of exercise sessions in one day again. I do like being fit and while I still would not call myself particularly fit, it is good to be improving and to be fit enough again to be doing the exercise that I enjoy.

Looking forward to further progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment