Monday 12 February 2018

Busy week coming

Here we are, start of a brand new shiny week, looks like it is going to be a busy one on the coaching front. 

The week starts of quietly enough but about mid week it is going to ramp up in busyiness (that is totally a word). First up I have a bit of a run session at the Perth athletic track with Stadium Triathlon Club. One of the Stadium coaches is having to leave town at the end of the month and so they asked if I could help out with a run session a week. I take over the sessions in March, but I thought it would be good to head past the track and see just what it is they do, which is just what I will be doing Thursday night for the next two weeks.

Friday morning the fun continues with a bit of coaching for Swim Smooth. Paul is away for the next couple of weeks and so I will be providing a bit of coaching coverage with Sal Scaffidi for the next couple of weeks. These sessions are always fun, so I am really looking forward to these ones. 

On Saturday it is the Front Runner group long ride. I won't actually be riding this session, rather I will be acting as a sag wagon, ie I will be driving an meeting the group at various places along the route carrying spares, a pump etc. The Saturday morning group ride is a bit of a mixed bunch with diverse abilities and so having a car as a back up is a nice little bit of extra certainty just in case somebody runs into any serious trouble 

Finally the week wraps up with the next race in the Triathlon WA series out at Champion Lakes in Armadale. As I have done at various other races through the season I will be there spectating and lending a bit of athlete support just in case anything goes awry for anyone. It makes for a busy morning but it is always a bunch of fun. 

All up it looks like it is going to be a very busy week with lots of things on. Should be a good one though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment