Thursday 21 December 2017

Using the Force

No coaching today. Swim Smooth yesterday and again tomorrow, but nothing today. I took the break in coaching today as a chance to head out for a paddle on the river and boy was I tired, I blame the running that I have done this week which sounds fair enough, it has been a pretty significant addition to what I have been doing for a few months. As I increase my exercise making sure I stay within my capacity and don't over do anything will be a very important consideration to ensure sustainability. There hasn't been that much exercise this week (too much coaching), but the way I felt today shows me that it doesn't take much too much to bring on the fatigue. Easy does it.

While today had no coaching and a bit of exercise, the main activity of today is actually going to be something totally un-related to triathlon. Today I am going to go and see STAR WARS!!!

It is fair to say that I am a bit of a Star Wars tragic. Obviously not enough of a mega fan that I have rushed out to see the new movie already. I guess a true fan would have been there on midnight of the opening night. For me, my dislike of large, rabid crowds outweighs my desire to see Star Wars. However, I am enough of a fan that I have been dying to see the movie since it came out a week ago. I am also a big enough fan to brave a large shopping mall the week before Christmas to see it (so there must be some level of fandom there).

It goes without saying that I am a bit excited to see the movie. I know it has had a bit of flack from 'true' Star Wars fans, but it has also had enough positive reviews from critics that I am optimistic that I will enjoy it. Who am I kidding, it could be considered the worst movie in history and I would still be seeing it anyway. I sat through all three of the prequels after all (although I haven't been able to bring myself to own them).

Anyway, I need to get out of here so that I can make my screen time. Back to triathlon stuff tomorrow after I have got my Star Wars nerd on I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment