Saturday 14 October 2017

T'was the Night Before

Here we go. t'was the night before Kona and all that.

In fact all the triathletes in Kona should well and truly be asleep by now. By the time I am awake in the morning the race will be well underway and we should be starting to get a pretty good idea of how the day is panning out. I have to say I am pretty keen to see that.

It is interesting, this year I find I am pretty keen to see what happens at Kona. As I have said previously some years in the past I haven't been that bothered about Kona, sometimes it has been a bit of a non-event for me. However, this year it is definitely holding my interest.

Perhaps it is just that my attention is on other things this year. In previous years my focus has been pretty caught up with my own training and racing. This year, however, I have a bit more time and energy to spend on external interests, such as race tracking and spectating.

Even with the extra time, the fact that I am actually interested in what happens in Kona is still a bit of a surprise to me. Since my heart problems began earlier this year I have found that I generally don't really enjoy watching races. Watching reminds me perhaps a bit too much of what I can't be doing. It is all a bit too fresh at the moment. So the fact that I am keen to see what happens in Kona is a bit of a milestone for me. Perhaps a sign that I am moving on with things. Not sure about that, but I am happy to be interested. Not so interested that I am going to get up at 12:00am to watch the start, but interested all the same

What is going to happen tomorrow? I have no idea. We are about to find out though, and I am very keen to see how it all goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment