Friday 25 August 2017

1 Week

Well there you go, officially 1 week since I have done any exercise at all. I don't even mean one week since I have done proper exercise, I mean any exercise at all. For the last 7 days I haven't done anything more strenuous than walking.

I am not sure when the last time was that I took such a long and complete break from exercising. Probably back in early 2016 after I had my shoulder surgery. There were a few weeks there where my shoulder wasn't healing and I pretty much stopped everything to give my body the best chance possible to get better. Since then though the exercise has been pretty steadily consistent.

If I am honest it would be absolutely doing my head in if I didn't know that the rest was necessary. The idea of not training and losing willingly losing fitness is something I really struggle with. However, the knowledge that I am following some fairly strict instructions from the Doctor seems to make it all much easier.

Of course I still don't really know where all this is heading at the moment. I feel like I have taken a massive flash back to 6 months ago where I didn't know what was going on and whether I would be able to exercise anymore. After months of feeling pretty good about where things were going, now I sort of feel like I am back at square one.

All that should be getting some resolution tomorrow when I see Dr Stobie. I am not expecting resolutions, but I am expecting some direction on the way forward. I am not expecting particularly great news. I may be wrong and really I hope that I am, the Doctor may surprise me and tell me that I am okay to go back to doing moderate exercise, I am not particularly expecting that outcome though. Instead I am expecting my break from exercise to be prolonged and I am also strongly expect I may be visiting surgery again. I don't see that as being pessimistic, but rather I see that as simply being realistic. Plus if that is what it takes to sort this issue out, then I can live with that. I won't be happy, but I can live with it.

All that is for tomorrow though. As I said, I am not expecting resolution, but it will be good to get some idea of what comes next. I am not sure how I will cope if what comes next is 1 week becoming many weeks, but if that is what it takes, then I suspect I will survive. I may not be happy about it, and I may drive my family a bit mad, but I can live with it.

Watch this space I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment