Friday 23 June 2017

Taking it easy

Things are feeling a bit better today. I got a bit more sleep last night and took things a bit easier today and as a result the mind and body are feeling a bit improved.

I did a little exercise today with a brief outing on the SUP board and from what I can see from the heart rate data I seem to have had one bout of Tachycardia. Not exactly what I was after, but an improvement from yesterday.

The paddle today was the only exercise that I did. Other than that the day has been a quiet one with the morning spent helping out with the Swim Smooth session down at Claremont.


Another really great session down with the squad today helping put the folks through a nice solid Threshold session. Today's session was a relatively simple set of 100s, but with a 400m threshold effort in between. Not an easy proposition once the 400m effort was taken into account. Still in usual form the squad stepped up to the challenge, with a number of very impressive performances in the pool, including a few lanes swimming well above their perceived threshold speeds. A few lanes also got a painful lesson in what happens during a 400 if you go out too quickly in the first 100m. I will give you a hint, it is nothing good.

Tomorrow my plan to take things a bit easy continues. I will still be doing some exercise but I won't be heading out with the BYL Juniors. I don't want to put my heart through several hours of riding until I have a bit more confidence in what my heart is doing. I will probably still go out for a paddle, but other than that I will be aiming to take it nice and easy and keep trying to catch up on sleep. I am still hopeful that a bit more sleep and a bit less stress will see the heart regain its balance.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment