Thursday 31 December 2015

Not a year in review

The intent of today's post was to be a bit of a look back at 2015. It seems to be the cool thing to do on social media at the moment and I love a good bandwagon as much as the next guy. Plus it is the last day of the year and so a bit of reflection seems appropriate.

 However, the day has got away from me a little bit and I have just plain run out of time. To busy celebrating the new year with the family, which I guess isn't really a bad thing. At this rate if I started writing about 2015, I would still be writing it in 2016. I will still do a bit of reflection on the year that has been, because it has been one of the most monumental years of my life. However that post might have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, for anyone who might be interested, I did do a bit of a look back here:

Looking back at 2015

One thing I will talk about a little here is the day I had today. Today I passed a major personal milestone in my rehab. Today I rode my bike again on the road. I was a little uncomfortable and I was cornering like a little old lady, but I did it. The shoulder held up fine and so did the rest of the body. I got through the 65km session unscathed. The session even felt pretty good, not as slow as I thought it would be, certainly better than the 65km of survival I was expecting.

It was far from an ideal day, with lots of wind making some of the ride a little unpleasant, but riding has never felt so sweet. I have never been so glad to be on a bike. Now that I have that session under my belt I am really looking forward to getting out on the bike a bit more consistently in the next few weeks.

The ride wasn't the end of it though. The bike session was then followed up with another hour on the Alter-G treadmill, this time set at 80% of my body weight. Like my run on Tuesday, this one felt another notch closer to running on the road. Once again the body held up and I was really pleased with how the session went. Good solid progress. I just hope the running continues to feel as good once I am back on the road.

All up today was a great way to end the year. Things aren't perfect right now, but everything is looking up and progressing in the right direction, which is not a bad place to start.

It has been a good year. I am really excited to see what the next one is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment