Thursday 1 October 2015

Hammer Time

Pretty sure I have used that title before, but I thought I would roll it out again since it is so fitting for those days when I get a delivery from Hammer Nutrition.


I put this order in for a number of reasons, a major one being that I was just plain out of Gels and Bars so the restock was fairly necessary. This time around I am trying these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Gels, which if they taste half as good as the name makes them sound, should be pretty awesome. The order was also made necessary by my decision to reduce my caffiene intake. The flavour of Perpetuem that I was using (Caffe Latte) was by far my favourite, but unfortunately contains caffiene. This ordering in a different flavour, gone back to the oldy but goldy Orange Vanilla. Can't really go wrong with that.

Speaking of nutrition. Going to try my new pre-race nutrition plan tomorrow. No, I don't have a race this weekend, but what do they say about not trying something new on race day. Tomorrow is just a test to see how it goes. I will also be testing his recommended race nutrition during my sessions on the weekend. If it all goes well then this will be the pre-race/in race nutrition I use for the Rottnest Long Course. The nutrition plan was put together for me by David Bryant from Catalyst Nutrition, and it is a little different to what I have done before, so I am quite keen to see how it goes.

In our house we have been so impressed by the results that I have got from going to see David that yesterday my wife went off to have a nutrition plan of her own put together. Up until now she has been working off mine and just modifying the quantities to suit. The plan that Dave put together is similar to mine, it makes sense that we are eating mostly the same things, but he tweaked it a little to suit her more. Very cool.

I have to say that I think going to see David has been some of the best value for money advice we have ever got. After a private health rebate, I think my wife paid something like $12 for her appointment yesterday. That is less than three coffees in the Perth economy. For advice that has the potential to significantly impact your quality of life it really is bargain. A bit of a no brainer if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment