Wednesday 10 June 2015

Home Again

Phew. We made it, we are home.

Nothing much happened yesterday, just a full day of travel. But when it comes to full days of travel, I tend to think that having nothing to report is best. In the end it went smoothly and ended with us collapsing into sleep at home. Victory.

Very good to be home. I had a great time in Japan, and would go back in a heartbeat. The further I get from Japan, the more I realise how much I enjoyed the country. But no matter how much you like a place it is always good to be home, back with the family, into a bit of normalcy etc. 

Now that I am home I have a bit of a break to my next race. I need to have some discussions with Daryl, but the next event probably won't be until August. It will be good to have the extra bit of time to prepare since I think the body could do with some time to put itself back together. Just a few niggles etc that need some time to get right, rather than continuing to keep bandaiding the issues and stuttering along. 

Looking forward to the break and getting back to being healthy. In terms of training I have my usual easy recovery week and then I intend to get back into training as normal next week, So I am not exactly planning a break from training, but it will be nice to have a little bit of time at home etc and not have to think about preparing for a race for a few weeks. I am really looking forward to getting back to running without this foot pain.

In terms of race reports for Japan 70.3, I am working on it. Should be up by tomorrow I think. With the day spent touristing on Monday and the day spent travelling yesterday the race report is a little bit later than it would normally be. It is coming though.


No comments:

Post a Comment