Monday 22 June 2015

No better

Ugghhh, I feel terrible. I know this is just the cold talking, but I haven't felt this sick in ages. I have had moments of feeling a bit better, but that has usually been the result of being medicated up to the eyeballs. All the various cold and flu medicines I have been taking wore of around lunchtime and my cold hit me full in the face again, just to remind me it was there. Horrible.

Needless to say there hasn't been much training today. Or work for that matter. Not a lot other than lying very still on the couch.

Actually that is sort of one of the few upsides to being sick. I never just lie about on the couch. I mean NEVER. There is just always too much to get done. When you are sick though sometimes there isn't much more you can do and you don't have to feel guilty. Even if you are feeling up to it, sometimes lying about on the couch is the best thing for you. Certainly today I haven't felt like much more than that. Guilt free laziness.

The other upside is that I suspect my abs are getting a great workout from all my coughing. They are certainly sore. Win??

I am not holding out any great hope for training tomorrow either at this point. Realistically I can't see myself getting from how I feel now, to fit and healthy training tomorrow, but I will wait and see. Never say never.

I will obviously start to feel better at some point, between then and now I will endeavour to enjoy my enforced slothfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment