Monday 18 May 2015

Free time

I got granted a nice little bit of free time today. A whole week in fact. Not free time in the sense that I can do whatever I like, more that I gained a week of time that I didn't think I had before. Hmmm, that wasn't as clear as it was in my head.

Basically I realised today that the Japan 70.3 is a week later than I thought. Not in a major, AHHHH, time to panic!!!! sort of way. Actually it is almost the opposite. All the flights etc are booked for the correct date. It is just that in my head I had this week as proper training and next week as taper and travel. Turns out though that my plan is in fact this week of proper training, another week of proper training and then a taper week with some flying mixed in. 

I gained a whole extra week of preparation training and I didn't have to do a thing. Other than look at my calendar that is. Nice.

Not much training done so far. The wet weather from this weekend was still hanging around this morning (and sort of still is if I am honest) and so I my plans are to jump on the bike this afternoon, The forecast is for it be clearing, so hopefully it does. I did get up and go for a walk this morning though. That wasn't on the program, but was a little bit of a bonus prize instead. My physio asked me to head out and walk in preparation for going for a run tomorrow. Just to give the legs a bit of a go. So that is what I did. It is almost what I didn't, since it was still raining quite earnestly this morning, but I knew that it was quite important so got myself out the door. 

You know one thing about walking in the rain that is nicer than running in the rain? You can wear a really big water proof jacket. Once you are impervious to water, going for a walk on a dark rainy morning is actually kind of fun. Certainly quiet anyway. Although I am always surprised on mornings like this one that it is never as quiet as I expect. I usually head out on mornings like this one thinking surely I am the only one stupid enough to be doing this. But, it turns out, that usually I am not. 

So it was a nice walk. A little damp at times, but generally pleasant. Things are looking good for a return to running tomorrow, so thumbs up for that. 

Oh yeah so if you live in Australia, this is happening on Sunday


THIS, is a highlights package of the Busselton 70.3. I have high hopes that I may possibly see myself in this one. Maybe near the start. Perhaps.

Time for coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment