Sunday 15 March 2015

Whether this weather is better

As alluded to yesterday I was going to spend the blog today talking about an exciting new bit of kit, but the day has some how managed to get away from me and now it is late and I am tired, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

As I mentioned yesterday, this morning it was up and out for a ride. As bad as the forecast had been yesterday (even though the weather didn't turn up), the forecast for this morning was a lot milder. A shower or two is what it said I think.

However, in the end, the weather that turned up this morning was probably worse that what we got yesterday. Not that the weather that we got today was that bad, it is just that given a choice between today and yesterday, I probably would have chosen yesterday's conditions. Yesterday was a bit drizzly and humid, but this morning the rain was more persistent than a drizzle, we still had the humidity and we had wind to top it all off. It wasn't bad riding conditions, it just wasn't all that fun.

Still the trip into the hills was a fun way to spend the morning. I find the hills funny, they are really quite pretty in places. But no matter how pretty they are, you just know that at some point they are going to hurt you quite a lot. They did that this morning. The ride ended up being around 100km and the intensity really was very low. But that doesn't really seem to matter with the hills. It is the sections of very high intensity uphill work that does you in.

Still at least I didn't get lost.

A trainer session tomorrow, but that isn't until the afternoon. Before that I have a sleep in to get through. Speaking of which, I had better get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment