Tuesday 17 March 2015

Nose meet grindstone

So, back to the grind. Back into training. Ow.

Normal training started with a bang last night with a couple of hours spent on the trainer. I have said numerous times before that two hours is about my natural limit on the trainer, doing more requires a bit of mental effort. However, last night it wasn't that bad, I got through the two hours quite easily. Mentally at least, physically it was painful, but that is sort of the point. Quite happy with how it went though. Hit all the targets and still felt comfortably within myself.

Training today is a fairly solid run session. It was on the program for this morning, but for a couple of reasons that seemed like good ideas at 4:30 this morning I have postponed it to this afternoon. Actually the reasons aren't that big a mystery, I woke up quite tired and with a bit of a headache this morning. Not really sure what caused the headache, I don't get them very often, but it was a motivation sap. The tiredness I think is just the result of a not great night's sleep, which happens sometimes after I finish a couple of hours of solid exercise and then try and go to sleep 30 minutes later. Go figure.

I am still feeling shattered now, but I suspect that is mostly because so far my day at work has been a fairly taxing one mentally. Given how I am feeling now the idea of a run this afternoon is not particularly appealing, but I have a couple of hours between now and then and that should be enough for a mental recharge. That and the coffee I just had should get me back on track. No doubts that the run this afternoon will be an effort, but it is a good example of when getting out and doing it is better than not.

Not much else on the table at the moment. Just enjoying the uncomfortable couple of days that comes with reminding the body what exercise is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment