Tuesday 11 March 2014

Musings of an Injured Athlete - Day 6

Pretty sure it is Day 6, he says counting on his fingers. Anyway, I thought I would take a break out of the gear guides I have been doing to give a brief update on how I am going.

Improving is probably the best way to describe how I am going.

The back is still sore, but it is improving. For the last few days it has felt pretty good in the morning, not pain free, but a lot better. Usually by the afternoon it is a bit sore. No longer making me limp around, but still sore. Today I am a bit sorer than that, but I think that is mainly because I was at the physio this morning and have had giant needles stuck in areas where giant needles should not be stuck (I am yet to figure out the areas where giant needles should be stuck). Hopefully by tomorrow morning I will be feeling a bit better again. Overall the trend is upwards. How long it will take before I am feeling 100% and able to run again I don't really want to make any guesses about. At the moment I am happy to be feeling better each day. The little glimpses I have in the morning remind me that walking pain free again may not be too far away.

In other news I officially withdrew from Ironman Melbourne today. I had sort of been putting it off. I have known since last week that I wasn't going, but withdrawing makes it all official, so I was giving myself a bit of time to get around to it. I realised today that I was in danger of forgetting to do so and then forfeiting my flights etc, so I thought I might as well get on with it. So that is done now. Officially not racing Melbourne IM. There goes an entry that I put together almost a year ago.

Moving on.

I think the gear guides have been going well. I am really enjoying writing them. It occured to me the other day that they may be useful to people in the longer term and so I have put them all in once place under a tab at the top of the page. I will add to them a bit more as I write some more guides. I will certainly do a couple more this week. Probably running shoes tomorrow I think.

Anyway that is me for now I think, I have some rehabing to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment